We escaped to Seaside last weekend for our first camping trip of the season and to activate our Thousand Trails membership. We arrived Friday evening and the weather was gorgeous, the campground was wonderful, and the kids were so excited to be camping! Unfortunately, Saturday morning we awoke to gray, stormy weather and the cold I was fighting had kicked into high gear. To make the most of this gray day, we threw the kids in the car and headed out to explore. Our first stop was the shipwreck at Fort Stevens.

Next onto Astoria to visit the Astoria Column and partake in a little blue sky!

The kids (and Jake) were pretty disappointed that it was closed for repair, but the kids enjoyed running circles around it and Jake enjoyed snapping pictures.

The view from the bottom of the Astoria Column.
The mouth of the Columbia River, Oregon and Washington.


Lunch at the Astoria Pig 'N Pancake- Yum!

Sunday turned out to be a nicer day, so we extended our stay and spent the morning exploring downtown Seaside. Audrey enjoyed her salt-water taffy.

Drew and Daddy rode on the carousal.

It was a very nice weekend, despite my horrible cold. I just kept telling myself, I might as well be miserable here than at home. When we finally made it home though, I crashed and have spent the better part of the week home sick. Oh well, it was a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment