Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nap Time?

What does a three-year-old do during nap time?
For starters, this room was clean when nap began.
(By the way, it may look like a mess, but it's actually a dam. Drew's been building dams a lot lately, so if you hear him holler "dam it!", be assured he is referring to the work of beavers.)
Drew spends hours building instead of napping.
Below is a house and a sun. Lately, he has big stories to go with all his creations.
He's really been enjoying this new Gears set he got for Christmas. This picture isn't nearly as elaborate as some of his creations, but again, when he shows me his work he always explains to me exactly how each part works in great detail.
Tinker Toys! A nap time favorite. He often carries his creations downstairs for me to see during nap time. I ooh and ahh and then I send him back upstairs to his room, hoping for a few more minutes of quiet afternoon.
I'm afraid my days of nap time have about come to an end. Audrey still naps like a champ, so for now I'm just trying to keep Drew quiet and in his room for a little bit each afternoon. I'm so thankful for all the quiet building supplies that Drew got for Christmas this year. Here's hoping for a few more months of quiet afternoons!

No comments: