
She broke her right tibia.

Those first several days were pretty miserable. The splint they put on in ER really wasn't helping her much, and every time we had to move her she shrieked due to the pain. We made the long drive home from Bend, and four days later she got her bright pink cast. She instantly felt so much better with her leg protected.

That afternoon, she got her first visitor-
her best friend Brigitte.

She's been doing so well, that they let her return to school to finish her last two days with her classmates. They were all very excited to see her and happy to sign her cast! (I stayed close by reading a book in the teachers' lounge in case I was needed.)
I'm so thankful that Audrey was able to finish out the school year and say goodbye to her friends. We are starting to adjust to her current state of being and are getting out and about more. Looking forward to Wednesday when we visit the doctor for new x-rays to see how she is progressing!
No comments:
Post a Comment